Re: [swish-e] FW: Question about searching for PDF documents using Swish-e

From: at <Peter>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:21:24 +0100
On 24/03/14 20:32, Michael Lopez wrote:
> Also keep in mind that I am going to be searching for thousands of PDF
> docs in my database so I need a reliable search code format that isn't
> going to crash on me every time I run a search.

No, you need reliable PDFs that can be searched. Swish-e is not your
problem here: it's your PDFs.

I had Swish-e running happily on a vast university web site, searching
thousands of Word and PDF documents, but they were all unlocked.

If the documents have been locked, it means the owner DOES NOT WANT THEM
SEARCHED, so you probably don't want to include them anyway.

(I said "had" up there...the search has now been replaced by Google
anyway because they wanted to use its thesaurus...pity).

///Peter
--
Peter Flynn | Electronic Publishing Unit | IT Services | University
College Cork | Phone +353 21 490 2609 | Email pflynn(at)not-real.ucc.ie | Web www.ucc.ie