Re: [swish-e] FW: Question about searching for PDF documents using Swish-e

From: at <Michael>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:40:50 -0500
Okay I took a look at both of your links and I have no clue what I am doing. They are not really helping me.

Here is my configuration file:

# Include our site-wide configuration settings:
IncludeConfigFile swish-e.config

# Define the program to run
IndexDir ./example9.pl

# Pass in the top-level directory to index
# (here we specify the current directory)
SwishProgParameters .

# Swish can index a number of different types of documents.
# .config are text, and .pdf are converted (filtered) to xml:
IndexContents TXT .config
IndexContents XML .pdf

# Since the pdf2xml module generates xml for the PDF info fields and
# for the PDF content, let's use MetaNames
# Instead of specifying each metaname, let's let swish do it automatically.
UndefinedMetaTags auto

# Show what's happening

IndexReport 3

# end of example

I then configured it by doing the swish-e -c swish-e.conf command but all I got was this.

err: Couldn't open the configuration file 'example4.config': No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong?

All i am trying to do is get PDF docs or words within a PDF to show up in my output. The anchors haven not been of any help.

Mike