[swish-e] Need help: Permission denied at swish.cgi line 2133

From: at <Mahesh>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 20:12:35 +0000
Hello,

I am a novice with Unix and Swish-e. I folled the installation directions, everything works fine when running the commands, however, when I browse to the swish.cgi page in a browser, the search box opens up. I type in a word to search for and that is when I get "Service currently unavailable". When I look at the apache error logs, I see the following:

Can't exec "/usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl": Permission denied at swish.cgi line 2133.
Child process Failed to exec '/usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl' Error: Permission denied at swish.cgi line 2134.
swish.cgi aborted: Swish returned unknown output: 'Failed to exec Swish'

I am not sure what needs to be done here. Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Mahesh