[swish-e] Segmentation fault for query from Perl-API for 2.4.7

From: at <Kruno>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:32:14 +0200
Hi!

As the title says, I am experiencing segmentation faults for some
queries, if I access my index from Perl. Unfortunately the index in
question is too large too share, but I will be attempting to cut it down
to manageable levels.

Here some more details about my setup and further observations I made
that might help to pin down the problem.

We are talking about Debian Wheezy 64bit (3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
3.2.46-1+deb7u1 x86_64 GNU/Linux) with the swish-e Debian package
installed. The index is generated with the swish-e binary and a Perl
script is used to access the index to produce search results.

Normally this works fine but recently I stumbled on a particular query
which leads to a segmentation fault when running the Execute() method on
the Perl search object.

In case it helps, the particular query is

(domain="www.biologie.uni-hamburg.de") AND (structure=start)

If I remove single characters from the end of the url, there continue to
be segmentation faults until I reach the query

(domain="www.biologie.un") AND (structure=start)

I compiled different SWISH-E Versions (2.4.3 to 2.4.7) with the API and
recreated the index, but got the same segmentation fault for all versions.

Only when I switch to compiling 32bit versions of SWISH-E on this
machine the problem goes away, so it might be a 64bit architecture
related problem.

On a true 32bit machine the Debian packages work fine with the problem
query above.

Oh, and the swish-e binary has no problems with the query on the command
line, it's just the Perl API that acts up.

I hope you have some ideas on this.

--
Krunoslav Sever

Technik Blinde Kuh                            (__)
http://www.blinde-kuh.de/                    ^(oo)^_______
Die Suchmaschine fuer Kinder                  (__)\       )\/\
Tel.: ++49 (0)40 32034076                         ||----w |   \
Ort : D-20359 Hamburg - Pinnasberg 29-33          ||     ||
Mehr Infos dazu unter http://www.blinde-kuh.de/impressum.html