Re: [swish-e] migrating from swish-e 2.4.7

From: at <Peter>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:12:57 -0500
On 7/5/13 3:42 PM, Mark Moe wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been using swish-e 2.4.7 for sometime now on internal web servers
> running RHEL5.  But, I would like to use it now for something much
> larger which needs incremental updates.
> I have read about swish3 but I'm not sure how to migrate to it.  Some of
> the features in swish-e 2.4.7 that I rely on are:
> 1) The "ReplaceRules regex" feature of the configuration file.  This
> allows me to take textual exports of various tools and convert their
> exports into working URLs to the source documents.
> 2) The ability to return some context with the search results.  I use
> StoreDescription to configure this.
> 3) Simple cgi interface provided by swish.cgi and .swishcgi.conf.
> The Xapian Omega cgi interface looks like a good replacement for #3, but
> how do I still use ReplaceRules like found in my current swish
> configuraiton file?
> Thanks for any help or pointers you can provide!

Hi Mark,

You should be able to use swish3 just like you use swish-e, for items #1
and #2 above. Just install SWISH::Prog from CPAN, and then the backend
you want to use. I recommend Apache Lucy via SWISH::Prog::Lucy.

The simple cgi interface is not (yet) available for swish3, mostly
because I don't use cgi. You might look at Dezi ( for
one way of serving your swish3 indexes via the web. You can demo it here:

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list