Re: [swish-e] SWISH-E Perl Support on Windows

From: Thomas den Braber <"Thomas>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:25:08 +0100
Kruno

I have a version for Windows build for ActiveState Perl 5.14 32bit.
It is not a ppm but needs to be manually installed.

If you are interested I can put it on a server somewhere.

I have cross compiled it on Ubuntu. Here is a part of the wiki that explains how to:

Cross-compiling for Windows on Debian or Ubuntu
Required Tools

Install a native Windows cross-compiler such as Mingw32 in addition to your normal build
tools:

sudo apt-get install mingw32 mingw32-binutils mingw32-runtime subversion make

If you want to generate the pretty wizard-like installation program then install tofrodos
and NSIS (From Debian main or Ubuntu universe):

sudo apt-get install tofrodos nsis

If you intend to compile the Perl SWISH::API module then install XVFB (X Virtual Framebuffer):

sudo apt-get install xvfb

Dependencies

Build libxml2, pcre, and zlib libraries. You will also need catdoc and xpdf if you plan to
build the NSIS installation wizard. You may use the prebuilt dependencies (libraries and
filters) for Swish-e.

wget http://webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/swish-build-2008-03-09.tar.gz

Extract the build environment

tar xzf swish-build-2008-03-09.tar.gz

Change to the work directory

cd swish-build

Configuring Perl (optional)

I have included a copy of ActivePerl 5.8 in the swish-build archive. You probably will
need to run reloc_perl.bat. Make sure wine is installed and works properly. Run the
following commands:

 pushd perl/bin
 wine cmd

Now you will find yourself in Wine's NT command interpreter with the working directory set
to perl/bin. Look at everything before bin. That's what you'll want to set for your
topath. Here is how I would run that command (leave off the .bat file extension):

 reloc_perl -a -i Z:\home\kg9ae\Projects\SWISHE\swish-build\perl

Once that is complete and, hopefully, completes without any errors close the NT command shell:

 exit

Now switch back to your swish-build work directory:

 popd

Building Swish-e for Windows

Grab the latest Swish-e revision from SVN

svn co http://svn.swish-e.org/swish-e/trunk swish-e

Run the build.sh script to generate the Swish-e executable and libswish-e libraries

pushd swish-e
sh ./src/win32/build.sh

Note

You may see make: *** [API.c] Error 127 when it tries to build SWISH::API Perl module.
This means you haven't built the SWISH::API module. You can safely ignore this unless you
intended to build the perl module. If you did want the perl module then make sure you
following the instructions in the previous section (Configuring Perl).
Packaging Swish-e for Installation on Windows

If you have not built SWISH::API you may do the following to appease NSIS

mkdir -p perl/blib/arch/auto
touch perl/blib/arch/auto/dummy

Now all you need to do is run dist.sh to build your NSIS installation wizard

sh ./src/win32/dist.sh

Now you should have a Windows installer named ./src/win32/swishsetup.exe

$ ls -lah src/win32/swishsetup.exe

--------
Thomas den Braber