Re: [swish-e] swishdescription not showing in search results

From: at <Peter>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:24:53 -0600
On 11/12/12 11:16 PM, Troy Wical wrote:
> Back in business Peter. Thank you!
>
> Do you or anyone else on this list have thoughts around how I can make
> this solution any better? I'm not sure what I can really do with all
> these plain text emails. Is Dezi the next step? Maybe some perl
> scripting to wrap author names so people can sort by that?

The email parser should already be wrapping all the components of your
email messages in <tags> so you can list them as MetaNames and/or
PropertyNames. See

http://dev.swish-e.org/browser/perl/SWISH-Prog/trunk/lib/SWISH/Prog/Aggregator/Mail.pm#L191

You should have id, subject, date, size, from, to, cc, bcc, type, all
available to you.

> http://type2.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
>
> Thanks again for all the help. And apologies for not reporting the bug
> in a more formal manner.

that's what this list is for. thanks for the report.