Re: [swish-e] swishdescription not showing in search results

From: at <Peter>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 21:51:08 -0600
Troy Wical wrote on 10/30/12 3:18 PM:
> No go. Here is the config file after making those mods.
>
>     [user(at)not-real.purple /home/mail-archive/search]# cat t2.conf
>     IndexDir /usr/local/www/data.type2/mail-archive/type2
>     IndexReport 3
>     ReplaceRules replace "/usr/local/www/data.type2/mail-archive/"
>     "http://type2.com/mail-archive/"
>     IndexFile /home/mail-archive/search/t2.index
>
> Calling it via this command...
>
>     swish3 -S mailfs -c t2.conf -i /usr/local/www/data.type2/mail-archive/type2/*

Thanks for your patience, Troy. This was a tricky bug to track down.

This should be fixed in version 0.65, just uploaded to CPAN.

The bug was that the swish3 command sets the $aggregator->set_parser_from_type()
option as of r3203:
http://dev.swish-e.org/changeset/3203#file1

Since you reported that this used to work, and then stopped, we can assume that
r3203 was a regression bug.

That set_parser_from_type option determines which swish-e parser to use based on
the MIME type of the (virtual) document. The Mail aggregator class was setting a
non-standard MIME (with a TODO comment next to it...) and so swish3 was
overwriting the XML* parser setting with the default HTML* parser setting
because it could not identify the non-standard MIME type.

Changeset comments here:
http://dev.swish-e.org/changeset/3250