Re: [swish-e] 32/64 bits

From: at <François>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:36:12 +0100
Yes, i can confirm, it's NOT compatible ! I had the same problem...

       François

On 29 October 2012 15:20, Sylvain Amrani <sylvain.amrani(at)not-real.gendarmerie.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Seems to me that indexes build with a 64bits port of swish-e aren't
> useable with 32 bits binaries. Can you confirm this, or may I search for
> other troubles ?
>
> I use swish-e 2.4.3 on a server to build indexes. These indexes are
> distributed on 32bit workstations. Since I switch to a new 64bits server
> (with a 2.4.3 backport), I can't perform any search. Result is "index file
> error".
>
> Is there a way to use 64bits indexes with 32bit swish-e ? May I compile a
> 64 port of swish-e with these options :
>
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=no -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=32
>

> Regards,
> Sam

*François Tissandier*
IS Manager
*tebu-**bio*
Tel: +33 1 30 46 39 23
Fax: +33 1 30 46 39 11
francois.tissandier(at)not-real.tebu-bio.com
*www.tebu-bio.com: the smarter way to buy research products*
P Think about the environment before printing this email / Pensez à
l'environnement avant d'imprimer cet e-mail