Re: [swish-e] Limit by Swishrank

From: at <Peter>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 14:33:13 -0500
On 10/26/12 12:46 PM, Bill Frischling wrote:
> Hello...
>
> First, I've been using swish-e for more than a decade at
> www.weatherbase.com <http://www.weatherbase.com>. Thank you for the
> excellent tool.
>
> I am working on a new project. As part of tweaking my search, I am
> trying to figure out how to set a "floor" on swishrank e.g. do not
> return results if swishrank < 200.
>
> I know the -L switch does not work for swishrank. I am guessing/hoping
> there is a way to do this.

swishrank is calculated at search time, unlike other properties that are
determined at indexing time. so yes, -L will not work.

(Bill Moseley may correct me here.)

I think you'd have to modify the code itself to get that working. No
feature that I'm aware of.

Be advised that the swishrank score is always scaled relative to 1000,
so depending on your query, using a hard floor of 200 might not give you
what you want.