Re: [swish-e] Indexing zip files

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Fri Nov 19 2010 - 15:24:19 GMT
Bharatwaj Narayanan Iyengar wrote on 11/19/2010 04:19 AM:
> Hi All,
>
> Sometime back I had requested from the forum regarding indexing of ZIP files
>
> I was suggested to use the SWISH-E: FILTER . I was unable to implement that.
>
> Could some one please help me using the  tool to index zip files .
>
> I have tried using the help and FAQ  on the site , but could not get any
> clear pointers

Indexing .zip archives is problematic because each .zip may contain many
files. There is currently no SWISH::Filter Perl module for .zip archives
because the assumption of the SWISH::Filter API is one file == one document.

If a .zip contained, for example, a .html, a .xml, a .pdf and a .doc
file, each one would have to be filtered too.

There are some TODO markers in the SWISH::Filters::Decompress module.
http://search.cpan.org/~karman/SWISH-Filter-0.15/lib/SWISH/Filters/Decompress.pm
Note the LIMITATIONS section.

If anyone on the list has successfully indexed .zip files and/or would
like to contribute code to the Decompress filter, I'd be happy to offer
guidance.