Re: [swish-e] Would you recommend swish-e in this scenario?

From: Michael Peters <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 16:57:17 GMT
On 09/30/2010 12:19 PM, Juan Salvador Castejón wrote:

> We would like users be able to search just for those documents they
> have accessed to. The time needed to index the whole domain should be
> less than 24h if possible. The search engine could use any needed
> hardware resources to a reasonable limit imposed by current advanced
> server hardware (RAM, disk,...).

Do you just need to take into account individual user's directories as
what "they have access to"? Do you have groups, etc?

> I know it is not much information but given this quantity of documents
> (2M) and the security restrictions, would you recommend swish-e or I
> should look for anything else?

Each individual swish-e index starts to degrade in performance at around
1M documents or so. But in the above scenario it looks like you actually
want multiple indexes. One per user, or one per group (if you have
groups) and maybe some shared indexes. Swishe can merge indexes when
searching so it's pretty easy to combine them.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP