Re: [swish-e] Swish-E and mailman integration

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Fri Aug 20 2010 - 03:32:50 GMT
Scott Race wrote on 8/17/10 6:42 PM:
> Hello, I am looking for a good search module to integrate with mailman - this
> company was previously using htdig which worked ok, but the project has been
> dead for some time now I see.
> I also see swish-e appears to integrate with mailman quite well and I'm
> excited to get it going.
> I have a new server with a few test lists, and trying to integrate swish-e
> into my archives. One requirement I have is that swish-e will only search the
> indexes for the current list, and not all my lists (I have public and private
> lists).  It seems like my config will create one big index file of all my
> lists.

you are correct. You probably want the ExtractPath config feature:

That will let you limit searches by path name.

Or, you could create a separate index for each mailing list and then search
multiple indexes at one time. Search the list archives for examples of both

> I have followed the steps here but get stuck with server side <!--# include
> --> part, my server does not render it:

if you want the SSI rendered, you'll need to use the web spider instead of the
filesystem method. The SSIs are handled by Apache, and swish-e knows nothing
about them.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list