Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sun Mar 21 2010 - 03:27:18 GMT
Troy Wical wrote on 3/20/10 3:35 PM:

>    KARMAN/SWISH-Prog-0.44.tar.gz
>    /usr/bin/make install  -- OK
> Failed during this command:
>   MSCHWERN/ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.56.tar.gz      : install NO -- is only
> 'build_requires'

that seems to be a cpan installer issue, not related to SWISH::Prog.

>> You'd change your command to be:
>>
>> % swish3 -S mailfs -c file.config -i path/to/mail
>
> That command core dumped.

[snip]

> Bad realloc() ignored at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/SWISH/
> Prog/Aggregator/FS.pm line 273.

that's coming from SWISH::3->slurp(). I'm not entirely sure what the "Bad
realloc()" message means, but perl-diagnostics suggests it may have been related
to how slurp() was trying to coerce Perl into managing an already-malloc'd char*.

I've changed SWISH::3->slurp in r2925 to be a little less efficient (clever) but
hopefully that fixes the segfault you're seeing.

Please install SWISH::3 from svn:

http://svn.swish-e.org/libswish3/trunk/bindings/perl

and see if that helps.