Re: [swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Sat Mar 20 2010 - 02:22:22 GMT
Troy Wical wrote on 3/19/10 6:33 PM:

>> what kind of mail is in /home/mail-archive/test? maildir? or mbox?
> Format is maildir. You can see an example @

Hm. I don't think that's the maildir format.

afaik, maildir expects 'new', 'tmp' and 'cur' subdirs. You might just try running:

 % cd /home/mail-archive/test && mkdir new tmp cur

SWISH::Prog::Aggregator::Mail delegates to Mail::Box::Manager to handle the
crawling of the file system, so if M::B::M doesn't find your mail, neither will
S::P::A::M. (heh, I just noticed that's a funny.)

You might create an alternate filesystem with symlinks called 'cur' that point
into each of the directories containing with mail.

Or you could use SWISH::Prog::Aggregator::FS in combination with ::Mail, to roll
your own aggregator. But of course that last option isn't as friendly. Seems
like a SWISH::Filters::Mail2HTML would be handy. Don't know how to identify a
mime type for an email message though. It just looks like text to MIME::Type and
has no standard file extension afaik.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list