[swish-e] Index errors when sharing between aws cloud servers and standalone.

From: Brad Miele <brad(at)>
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 21:04:40 GMT

We are in the process of moving from standalone servers (proliant G4, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)) to AWS cloud servers (CentOS release 5.2 (Final)).

We are noting that indexes built under 2.4.7 on one machine aren't readable on the other. This occurs in both directions. We have also tested with indexes built on one of our FreeBSD machines with the same results. Has anyone experienced this? I am not sure what additional input I can provide, but would be happy to do some legwork.

Brad Miele
Director of Technology
107 SE Washington Street, Suite 700
Portland, OR, 97214