Re: [swish-e] Installing the python module

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 03:47:26 GMT
OK, I think I found the python api you're using...  "SwishE 0.5" Python API
released Aug 17 2005.  I was able to build the python module on Ubuntu 9.10
against the provided Swish-e 2.4.5 without any problems.  So, in theory, you
should be able to build it on Windows if you can assemble the required
pieces and put them together with some chewing gum and bailing wire.
 Building any code on Windows is a bit of a mad science experiment.

Now, what version of Swish-e are you using exactly?  I'm afraid you'll
probably have to compile Swish-e yourself for this all to work.

I have written instructions on building Swish-e for 32-bit Windows by cross
compiling on Ubuntu.  I have not even tried building on Windows for the
better part of a decade.  I've heard of one person who used mingw-w32 and
msys to build on Windows.  It should be perfectly possible.  Still, none of
this is guaranteed to get you a working python module.  If your python build
was compiled with MSVC you may still end up with incompatible libraries.  My
cross-compile instructions and some other notes are here if you're
interested in looking:
  http://www.swishewiki.org/sw/index.php/Win32

--
  David L Norris