[swish-e] Parsing plain text emails to use the subject line as the title

From: Troy Wical <troy(at)not-real.wical.com>
Date: Thu Dec 31 2009 - 10:59:21 GMT
Hello all,
	I am currently working on a project where Swish will index email
archives.  This appears to be quite a common practice these days, but
I am running into what I believe are some rather simple issues.  What
I am working with are plain text email archives that are in the
maildir format.
	My goal at this point is to use the subject line in the email, as the
title in the search results. After a bit of reading, it "appears" that
what I need to use is metanames to define those areas.  However, I am
having a hard time figuring out what to put in the conf file to have
swish-e do that.  Is metanames only usable with html and xml?

Thanks in advance,
Troy

#############################
SWISH-E 2.4.5
Linux 2.6.31 (ubuntu)

swish.conf
IndexDir /var/www/mail-archive/list
IndexReport 1
DefaultContents TXT*
ReplaceRules replace "/var/www/" "http://domain.name/"
IndexFile /var/www/swish-e/list1.index

default swish.cgi w/ the following .swishcgi.conf
use lib ( '/usr/lib/swish-e/perl' );

return {
         title        => 'Search email archives',
         swish_binary => '/usr/bin/swish-e',
         swish_index  => ['/etc/swish-e/list1.index', '/etc/swish-e/
list2.index'],
         select_indexes  => {
             method  => 'checkbox_group',
             labels  => [ 'list1', 'list2' ],  # Must match up one-to-
one to swish_index
             description => 'Select mailing list(s): ',
         }
     }