Re: [swish-e] warnings when running spider.pl

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 19:35:38 GMT
Louis-David Mitterrand wrote on 11/19/09 12:11 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using swish-e 2.4.7-1 from debian.
>
> When running:
>
> 	% /usr/bin/swish-e -v 0 -c /var/www/critik/swish/swish.config -S prog
>
> I get a couple of warnings:
>
> 	Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib/swish-e/spider.pl line 38.
> 	Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib/swish-e/spider.pl line 38.
> 	/usr/lib/swish-e/spider.pl: Reading parameters from '/var/www/critik/swish/spider.config'
>
> Should I be concerned?

no need to be concerned.

the $VERSION in spider.pl comes from an old CVS tag, and depending on how the
package in debian was built, and the fact that we switched to SVN a couple of
years ago, means that the $VERSION is no longer getting set correctly. Should
not affect the functionality of spider.pl at all.

I have changed it in svn to prevent this in a future release.