Re: [swish-e] reconfiguring swish-e due to ctime/mtime problem

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 19:32:00 GMT
Rob Lingelbach wrote on 10/8/09 2:17 PM:
> I have a mailing list going back many years with about 50k messages
> archived.  I've configured swish-e and run it successfully via shell
> and cgi.
>
> Not long ago had to rebuild the html archives (via Mailman's 'arch'
> script) and unfortunately the file ctime/mtime were changed on the
> individual message.html files to a date in 2009.
>
> The problem I have is in how to have swish-e configure search results
> based on the date of the message, rather than the message file's ctime
> (I believe it's ctime and not mtime that's used).
>
> Since I thought perhaps someone had run into this problem before,
> there might be a set
> of steps outlined somewhere to present search results based on a Date:
> indicator in multiple 'message.html' files.

the swishlastmodified property just goes off of the file mtime. What you might
be able to do, depending on whether the mail date is tagged appropriately in
your HTML, is define a new property like maildate and then present that value
instead of swishlastmodified.

e.g., if your html had:

you could define a MetaName and PropertyName for 'maildate' and then tweek your
display template to return maildate instead of swishlastmodified.

Or may even use a PropertyNameAlias to reverse map swishlastmodified to
maildate, though I'm not sure that will work.