Re: [swish-e] PDF indexing won't work

From: Christoph Lechner <cl0074(at)not-real.l-mx.de>
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 10:51:21 GMT
Christoph Lechner wrote:
> Peter Karman wrote:
>> Christoph Lechner wrote on 9/4/09 5:55 PM:
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> [swish-e version 2.4.5 (Debian 5.0 stable)]
>>>
>>> I'm new to swish-e and trying to index PDF files.
>>> swish_filter.pl drops some error messages that I don't understand. The
>>> error messages are the same for any PDF file it tries to index.
>>>
>>> spider@web-int:~/swish-e$ swish-e -S prog -c swish.conf
>>> Indexing Data Source: "External-Program"
>>> Indexing "spider.pl"
>>> External Program found: /usr/lib/swish-e/spider.pl
>>> /usr/lib/swish-e/spider.pl: Reading parameters from 'default'
>>> Processing http://kb/kb/tb/...
>>> Processing http://kb/kb/tb/ATmega16.pdf...
>>> Failed to set content type for document './swtmpfltraEpRfM'
>>> Can't return outside a subroutine at
>>> /usr/share/doc/swish-e/examples/filter-bin/swish_filter.pl line 55.
>>>
>>> Warning: filter
>>> '/usr/share/doc/swish-e/examples/filter-bin/swish_filter.pl' exited with
>>> non-zero status: [255]
>>>
>>> If I wget one of the PDF files and run the test program, the contents of
>>> the PDF is dumped to the console without error messages showing up:
>>>
>>> /usr/share/doc/swish-e/examples/swish-filter-test --content --verbose
>>> d002X02.pdf
>>>
>>> What's wrong?
>> send along your swish.conf and spider.pl config files.
> My swish.conf (My crazy user agent breaks the FileFilter line, sorry)
> --> swish.conf <--
> IndexDir spider.pl
>
> SwishProgParameters default http://kb/kb/tb/
>
> FileFilter  .pdf
> /usr/share/doc/swish-e/examples/filter-bin/swish_filter.pl %p
> IndexContents HTML .pdf
>
> StoreDescription HTML* <body>
>
> IndexReport 2
>
> # Allow extra searching by title, path
> Metanames swishtitle swishdocpath
> --> end swish.conf <--

So now I performed the upgrade.
The messages are now (for every single PDF file)

Processing http://kb/kb/tb/ATmega16.pdf...
Can't locate object method "filter" via package "SWISH::Filter" at
/usr/local/share/doc/swish-e/examples/filter-bin/swish_filter.pl line 47.

Warning: filter
'/usr/local/share/doc/swish-e/examples/filter-bin/swish_filter.pl'
exited with non-zero status: [255]

swish-filter-test still dumps the textual contents of the file.

- cl