Re: [swish-e] Max records in sort buffer

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 02:15:22 GMT
Thomas den Braber wrote on 8/17/09 3:48 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I have a large index and if a search returns many hits (>200000) it
> becomes noticeable slower, this is probable due to sorting the results found.
>
> I was wandering if there is a way to limit the maximum number of 'records'
> in the sort buffer.
>
> So if you have more the 200000 hits the only first 200000 hits are sorted.
> This can mean that the order of you hits is not correct, but for me this
> is better than waiting to long for my results.

how are you searching? with the swish-e command line? or via the library?

With swish-e, I think the -m option sets the max results to return.

Are you doing any sorting by properties? The default sort is just by swishrank,
and I wouldn't expect that to slow down like you're describing (though I have no
evidence to support that expectation).

gpg key: 37D2 DAA6 3A13 D415 4295  3A69 448F E556 374A 34D9