Re: [swish-e] err: Missing Parameter. Use –h for options. [Windows Vista]

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Sun May 24 2009 - 20:15:48 GMT
Derek J Roscoe wrote on 5/24/09 11:12 AM:
> Thank you, Peter.
> I am now working in command prompt and keep getting the following error message:
> " '$' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
> Do I need to create a make file first?  I have downloaded make 3.81; as suggested in the many forums I have since been through and will continue to pursue.

make is not required to use swish-e. that's for building the program. The .exe
you downloaded is already built.

I am confused by that error message. It makes me think you are entering text like:

 $ swish-e -h

which is wrong. just enter:

 swish-e -h

If you see a leading '$' in any examples in the documentation, that is just the
example unix prompt.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list