Re: [swish-e] How to see neighbouring words around my search-hit ?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 17:40:47 GMT
Raemaekers Mark wrote on 4/14/09 11:21 AM:
> I do get strange results :
> I allways get the correct filenames of files that contain the searchword, however,  I sometimes get a description that does not contain the searchword, but from another part of the file.
> Sometimes it works correctly , meaning I get a highlighted exctract of the correct filename.
> For me it seems that swish-e displays the filenames of the searchword, but it sometimes takes the description of other parts in the file.
> Can it be that the storedescription functionality looks for different characters ( I used default installation procedure) then the characters it uses to find searchwords in a (.tcl) file ?
> my full swish.conf only has following 5 lines :
> IndexOnly .tcl
> IndexDir /tests/tclprocs
> DefaultContents TXT*
> IndexReport 1
> StoreDescription TXT* 10000

try bumping up the size that you store from 10000 to 100000 (add a zero).

If the highlighting code can't find a match for the search word in the property,
then it'll just grab the first N bytes and show those.

If that doesn't work, make a small, repeatable example test case and post that.
Otherwise, I'm just guessing.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list