Re: [swish-e] SWISH::API fails on fc10.ppc.smp with perl-5.10.0

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Mar 28 2009 - 14:35:26 GMT
Bela Gazdy wrote on 3/6/09 6:15 AM:
> Two days ago I reported that SWISH::API compiles with swish-e-2.4.6
> on Fedora 10, ppc and perl-5.10. Well, it does, sorta...
>
> Compilation finishes with a benign-looking warning:
>
> API.xs: In function  (B!FXS_SWISH__API_decode_header_value (B!G:
> API.xs:215: warning: format  (B!F%d (B!G expects type  (B!Fint (B!G, but argument 2 has type  (B!Fstruct SV *'
>
> However, make test bombs out:

can you try building with the buildswishe.pl script that is in svn? That tries
to set the correct env vars and will build both swish-e and SWISH::API by default.

Just checkout svn trunk:

 % svn co http://svn.swish-e.org/swish-e/trunk swish-e-trunk
 % cd swish-e-trunk

and then run the script like:

 % perl buildswishe.pl \
   --install=/tmp/swish-e-trunk \
   --perllib=/tmp/swish-e-trunk/lib

that will run all the tests automatically.

make sure that the perl you call buildswishe.pl with is the perl you want to
test SWISH::API with.