Re: [swish-e] error: can't load API.so -> libswish-e.so.2 not found

From: Andrew Smith <andrewksmith(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 20:45:15 GMT
I'm having this same problem:

http://swish-e.org/archive/2007-05/11491.html

but I don't have root access to modify ldconfig (/etc/ld.so.conf). I also
just built Swish-e in my local directory. How would I modify ldconfig if I
don't have root access? Isn't there any way to solve this problem when
you're building SWISH::API, e.g. pass the library path when you do 'perl
Makefile.PL'? Of course I could just set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .cshrc file
but that wouldn't work when I want to use SWISH::API from a Perl CGI script
running as another user on the web server. One solution is to just wrap the
CGI script in a shell script that first modifies LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then
execs the CGI script, but that is ugly and there has to be a better way.
Thanks.