Re: [swish-e] Undefined Symbol SetEnvironmentVariableA

From: Thomas den Braber <thomas(at)not-real.delos.nl>
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 09:11:33 GMT
Peter,

I have done some testing on Windows XP and Windows 2003 with modperl 2.04
Activestate Perl 1004 and apache 2.2.11 (Apache/2.2.11 (Win32)
mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.3-dev mod_perl/2.0.4-dev Perl/v5.10.0)
And found no problems.
I did about 10000 searches and found no problems.

Can it be that this setenv fix also helps with version 2.4.6 ?

I have also some recommendations:
During the swish installation, the swish api in installed in the
perl/lib/auto directory. It is better to put it in the Perl/site/lib/auto
directory. This fits better in the new way Activestate Perl is setup.
perl/lib is only for modules that are part of the base distributions, all
modules installed late must go into the site directory.
Maybe it is also good to put the other swish modules in
perl/site/lib/SWISH instead of (or in addition to)
..\SWISH-E\lib\swish-e\perl\SWISH

--

Thomas den Braber