[swish-e] swish-e errors

From: Dustin Tenney <dtenney(at)not-real.atomiclearning.com>
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 19:27:33 GMT
Version: 2.4.5, also tried 2.4.6
OS: CentOS 4, 2.6.9-78.0.5.ELsmp, x86_64

We have been using swish-e quite successfully for some time.  At least
for the last month or so it has begun to crash on us.  I suspect it has
been happening longer.  We are using the indexes to display content and
search results on our websites.  The indexes are probably being read a
lot concurrently by different processes on multiple servers.  We are
serving them via NFS to the web servers.  Here is the error we get:

Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -3.
uncompressed size: 9732 buf_len: 36

Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -3.
uncompressed size: 192 buf_len: 109

err: Ran out of memory (could not allocate 18446744071950461278 more bytes)!

Thats a lot of memory its asking for!

Our servers have about 4g of memory and are in no way being taxed.  I
also ran a load test against a single server and could trigger the
errors.  They seem to be "very" random in nature.  It doesn't occur
everytime we read from the index.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dustin