Re: [swish-e] Swish-e Module with PHP

From: David Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Fri Mar 06 2009 - 22:36:57 GMT
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Zhou Xiang <> wrote:
> Can you tell me what you did exactly? I appreciate your help!

Firstly, in your emails you stated that you installed swish-0.3.0,
which is from PECL, but the script you posted is from SVN.
 The PECL swish extension is not the swish_php extension from  The PECL extension is written by the PHP guys themselves
and implements _only_ a PHP class based on our libswish-e library
interface.  The swish_php extension from implements both a
class and functions.  You can't use our scripts with their extension
and vice-versa.

What I did was retrieve the swish_php module from using
svn and did the following on my ubuntu system (assuming you have a
full build environment):
$ svn co
$ sudo apt-get install php5-dev swish-e swish-e-dev
$ pushd swish_php
$ phpize5
$ ./configure --with-swishe=/usr
$ make
$ sudo make install

Then, for production use, edit apache's php.ini to load the module
[] and restart the web server (an apache reload
doesn't notice php.ini changes).

   David L Norris
Users mailing list