Re: [swish-e] 2.4.6 for perl 5.10

From: Thomas den Braber <thomas(at)not-real.delos.nl>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 13:08:04 GMT
Peter,

After running the bootstrap script:

On my Ubuntu 7.10 system the error is gone now, dll's and swish-e.exe are
created. Also the Perl API is created.
But after installing the API it is very unstable, if run in my Mod_perl
application it make Apache crash almost every time when a index property
is requested. An error: Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.8.0,
faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.3959, fault address 0x0000d9de.
The swish-e.exe seems to run fine (only minimal tested).

On Ubuntu 8.10 the same error about the zlib is shown.
I have used the precompiled zlib from zlib.net (run bootstrap again)
instead of the one from the swish-build archive.
This time, no zlib error during linking but at the end an error when
creating the swish-e.exe. Error:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-mingw32msvc/4.2.1-sjlj/../../../../i586-mingw32msvc/bin/ld:
cannot find -lz

in the usage doc of the zlib it says that you have to use -lzdll

Can this be the problem? Where do I have to change that ?

Thanks,

Thomas den Braber