Re: [swish-e] 2.4.6 for perl 5.10

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 23:24:50 GMT
> I have an email from Dave dated 05/22/2008 indicating that
> --enable-shared wasn't working for building the DLL in 2.4.6. I don't
> know if something changed in the swish-e src, or if some build tool
> changed. Nothing in src/win32 has changed in more than 2 years so I
> doubt the issue is in there.

Yeah, most of the magic is in the tools.  When they "improve" it can
get a little weird.  Especially when cross compiling.  I have no idea
what the problem with 2.4.6 is/was.  I can possibly take a look this
weekend and see if I can get it to build.

>> and libswish-e.dll.a is not created

Are you sure?  Is libswish-e-2.dll (or whatever version) created,
though?  The linker output sometimes ends up in src/.libs directory,
also.  I'm not exactly sure why it doesn't always finish that part.

--
   David L Norris
   http://webaugur.com/