[swish-e] Regd - Stemming in SWISH API

From: saravanan K <saravani20(at)not-real.gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 28 2009 - 12:26:56 GMT
Hi Karman,

I'm a newbie to perl as well as swish api. I'm trying to highight text with
stemming options.
snippet and highligting are working. but stemming is not working.

$swish->stem( 'lovely' );
when i run this i'm getting,  Can't locate object method "stem" via package
"SWISH::API"

$swish -> Fuzzify( $index, "lovely" );

when i print this, i'm getting SWISH::API=SCALAR(0x831a760)

$swish->StemWord( 'lovely' );
when i run this
*************
  Old stemmer 'Stem' is no longer supported -- using Stemming_en1 instead.
  Please update your config file.

for all the above scenarios,  i should get love, lovely, loves, loving as a
output

I want to know how stemming works in SWISH API. Any other tutorials or
references available to learn this?

Note:
I'm using SWISH-E 2.4.5 and  perl, v5.10.0

Hopefully waiting for your reply,

Thanks
Saravanan K