Re: [swish-e] blocking process

From: François Tissandier <francois.tissandier(at)not-real.tebu-bio.com>
Date: Mon Dec 15 2008 - 16:06:26 GMT
> I can say, however, that swish-e is designed to run many concurrent
> searches on an index, and I've not yet heard of it blocking the way you
> are describing. Is there any chance you have a process re-indexing and
> replacing the index files while they are live?

Thanks for your answer Peter.
There are no reindexing process running, for sure. This occurs only at
night.

If swish-e is designed to run concurrent searches, it means that you
don't lock the index or anything like that? I don't understand why a
process would block the others, the processor is not even busy, maybe
it's specific to IIS? (can't wait to ditch this OS and run this on
Apache...). I'm just monitoring the activity for the moment to try to
see if there are other applications working at the same time. Sounds
like a difficult investigation :)

François