Re: [swish-e] Error installing Swish::API

From: Lee Anne Caputo <l.caputo(at)not-real.braysing.com>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 18:44:14 GMT
Hi James,

Thank you!  It worked!

Lee Anne

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 12:21 -0500, James B. Muir wrote:
> Hi Lee Anne,
>
> I ran into this problem a couple of days ago. The solution I came up with was to modify the Makefile.PL script so that is does not catch the exception being thrown by MakeMaker.pm. See below for the code I commented out in Makefile.PL:
>

> root@dh10n # diff Makefile.PL Makefile.orig.PL
> 83,87c83,87
> < #$SIG{__DIE__} = sub {
> < #    print STDERR "\n  ** ERROR: ", @_;
> < #    print STDERR "  Run perl Makefile.PL SWISHHELP for options\n\n";
> < #    exit 1;
> < #};
> ---
> > $SIG{__DIE__} = sub {
> >     print STDERR "\n  ** ERROR: ", @_;
> >     print STDERR "  Run perl Makefile.PL SWISHHELP for options\n\n";
> >     exit 1;
> > };
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> James Muir
> Information Systems - Data Warehouse
> Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
> 603-653-3288
Lee Anne Caputo, Technical Support
Bray & Lunsford, PA

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail, and any attachments, are intended only for use by the
addressee and may contain legally privileged or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any
dissemination, distribution or copying of the e-mail, and any
attachments, is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me by telephone and permanently delete the
original and any copy of the e-mail.