Re: [swish-e] Error installing Swish::API

From: James B. Muir <James.B.Muir(at)not-real.Hitchcock.ORG>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 17:21:08 GMT
Hi Lee Anne,

I ran into this problem a couple of days ago. The solution I came up with was to modify the Makefile.PL script so that is does not catch the exception being thrown by MakeMaker.pm. See below for the code I commented out in Makefile.PL:

root@dh10n # diff Makefile.PL Makefile.orig.PL
83,87c83,87
< #$SIG{__DIE__} = sub {
< #    print STDERR "\n  ** ERROR: ", @_;
< #    print STDERR "  Run perl Makefile.PL SWISHHELP for options\n\n";
< #    exit 1;
< #};
---
> $SIG{__DIE__} = sub {
>     print STDERR "\n  ** ERROR: ", @_;
>     print STDERR "  Run perl Makefile.PL SWISHHELP for options\n\n";
>     exit 1;
> };

Hope this helps.

James Muir