Re: [swish-e] Standolne ODT to html converter for custom DirTree.pl

From: Lars Noodén <lars(at)not-real.umich.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 06:47:26 GMT
> You could try unzipping the odt and then indexing the content.xml.

That should also work

> Not sure how well libxml2 will handle Openoffice's xml.

It's regular XML, specifically it's OpenDocument Format.

FWIW, I started on a filter for ODF a while back but got swamped before
I could polish it.  You are welcome to use whatever is useful:
	http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lars/Swish-e/

(Note: I was also aiming to index the metadata and, if they exist,
certain pre-defined custom fields.)

The OpenDocument Fellowship(*) has sponsored a number of ODF conversion
tools.  I'm not sure if the viewer is useful in this case:
	http://opendocumentfellowship.com/odfviewer

but the other tools might be
	http://opendocumentfellowship.com/projects/odftools

Regards