Re: [swish-e] Excluding directories using -S http or -S prog

From: <david_42(at)>
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 14:42:57 GMT

Thanks for the pointer. I knew that -S http was depreciated.  I switched to the -S prog and was able to use robots.txt to exclude the directories causing the problem.  A really simple solution that a small amount of documentation (of the on the site would have made clear.

Sep 26, 2008 09:10:25 PM, wrote: wrote on 9/26/08 6:02 PM:
> Greetings,
> I have read ever scrap of documentation on the site.  When using -S fs you can
> use FileRules to exclude directories.  I cannot find any way of doing this with
> either -S http or -S prog.

first, don't use -S http. It is deprecated.

second, with -S prog and, check the docs for the test_uri
callback feature.

Peter Karman  .  .