Re: [swish-e] Maximum query length?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Aug 18 2008 - 20:16:10 GMT
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 03:36:23PM -0400, Ericson Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I mean a query. For example:
>
> swish-e -f sample.index -w "capital of new york"
>
> So I can make a really long search query and it will not be internally
> truncated? They're putting in some rather long ones and getting failures.
> This is swish version 2.1 or 2.2 (some time ago).

Again, not that I can remember.  I think the query is stored in a
linked list so really no practical limit other then memory and what
you can pass to swish.

You indicated a problem -- so my question is are you seeing an error
message of some kind to indicate that the problem is the query is too
long?

You could also try building a very large query and see what happens.
I just submitted a query with something like 100 search terms and it
worked.

Help with Swish-e:
   http://swish-e.org/current/docs