[swish-e] tracking ppthtml coredumps

From: Erik van Duren <erik.van.duren(at)not-real.snow.nl>
Date: Thu Aug 14 2008 - 07:16:14 GMT
Hi there,

With every spider run I see ppthtml.bin dumping core. I guess this behaviour is
triggered by the same file every night. I'm now trying to find a way to find
out which file is causing ppthtml to crash. Analysing he core file only shows a
temporary file with a randomly generated name. Does anybody have any idea about
how to do this? Is there a way to change the spider's behaviour to saving
temporary files with their original names instead of auto-generated ones (and
then running the tools on that)? Is there way to create logging linking the
results of tools like ppthtml to the names (or even better: URL's) of files
being parsed?

I have "fair" knowledge of perl, but couldn't find a way to make the routines
calling ppthtml or other external tools log the information I'm looking for...

Thanks for any help.

Erik.