Re: [swish-e] Javascript front-end?

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 16:22:08 GMT
Oh, and I should add that as a technical writer, you might be interested in using Swish-e
to do other useful things for your documentation. I used it to generate document-specific
indexes and glossaries when I used XML DocBook. I would index the document, then dump the
index and filter to XML (similar to how you could do it for jsFind). For glossaries, I
indexed the document, then compared each documents word list against a master glossary db.

Swish-e is very handy in that way; lots of uses beyond the typical search engine.

Peter Karman  .  peter(at)  .

Users mailing list