Re: [swish-e] windows testers needed

From: Cutts III, James H. <CuttsJ(at)not-real.missouri.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 21:16:46 GMT
Peter,

I decided to take you up on your invitation to test the Windows build of
Swish 2.4.6.  I am using Swish on my Linux computers under Apache.  I
wanted to see if I could get Swish to work under IIS on my Windows box.

I successfully downloaded and installed the 2.4.6 version.  I built a
config file and was able to successfully generate the index file.
However, when I attempt to run Swish to look up a word I am getting a
nasty "swish-e.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience" error message.  I managed to keep a copy
the <XML> error file generated by Windows

What information would you like me to send you to help track down this
problem?

Just to make sure that it wasn't a problem with my computer, I installed
Swish 2.4.5 in a separate directory and was able to run that version of
Swish.

James H. Cutts III
Computer Project Manager
Center for Applied Research in Environmental Systems
Contracting and Organizations Research Institute
University of Missouri - Columbia
143C Mumford Hall
Columbia, MO
65211

Phone: (573) 882-6181
E-mail: cuttsj@missouri.edu

Programming is the eternal competition between programmers who try to
make apps more and more idiot proof and the universe that makes dumber
idiots. So far, the universe is winning...