Re: [swish-e] index a list of files

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 04:03:29 GMT
Brad Bauer wrote on 7/8/08 10:24 PM:
> Sorry, my email client is not indenting when I reply.
> I understand what you mean about separate indexes now.  Back to my original
> question: is there is a way to feed swish-e a specific list of local files
> to index?   We are having a problem where pdfs we don't want indexed get
> indexed, so I would like to only index pdfs that have links to them (the
> list I gather while spidering).  I am dealing with hundreds of pdfs, so its
> not always easy to spot and remove these.

You could hack (installed next to iirc) to read from a list
pretty easily. Or write your own -S prog program to do the same. Look at
SWISH::Prog on the CPAN to aid in that direction (you could create an Aggregator
that simply iterates over the lines in the file).

But there is no read-from-file option built-in that I am aware of.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list