[swish-e] cron indexing with PHP prog fails

From: Terry Herckenrath <Terry(at)not-real.CactusCoder.com>
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 13:36:50 GMT
I am using a PHP script to control indexing, which works great when run
from an ssh session, but fails when run from cron.

I have confirmed that the actual PHP script is NOT executed when the
shell script is run from cron, instead I get "Unknown header line"
warnings (see below).

How do I make this work? I don't know perl, so using a perl script
instead of the PHP script is not an option for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Terry Herckenrath

OS: Linux host.shopshootsmarter.com 2.6.9-023stab044.11-enterprise #1
SMP Sun Sep 30 12:15:39 MSD 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
Swish-e: SWISH-E 2.4.5
PHP: Version 5.2.3
Server API: CGI

cron result:

    MANPATH=/usr/lib/courier-imap/man:
    MAILTO=terry@cactus-host.com
    SHELL=/bin/sh
    USER=shootsm2
    LS_COLORS=
    PATH=/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/lib/courier-imap/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/home/shootsm2/bin
    PWD=/home/shootsm2
    LANG=C
    HOME=/home/shootsm2
    SHLVL=2
    LOGNAME=shootsm2
    LESSOPEN=|/usr/bin/lesspipe.sh %s
    G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1
    _=/usr/bin/env
    Indexing "php"
    External Program found: /usr/bin/php

    Warning: Unknown header line: 'X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.3' from program php

    Warning: Unknown header line: 'Content-type: text/html' from program php
    err: External program failed to return required headers Path-Name:
    .

cron: /home/shootsm2/public_html/cgi-bin/update_searchsmarter_index

shell script:

    #! /bin/bash

    # Source global definitions (from .bashrc)
    if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
    fi

    # User specific environment and startup programs (from .bash_profile)

    PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin

    export PATH

    # dump environment
    /usr/bin/env

    /usr/local/bin/swish-e -c
    /home/shootsm2/public_html/searchsmarter/searchsmarter.conf -S prog