Re: [swish-e] Template-Toolkit and Windows XP

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 13:16:08 GMT
On 04/17/2008 01:53 AM, Susan Wilson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use SWISH-E to index some webpages held on my pc (Windows
> XP).  I do not know Linux or Perl.
> This request is for help with a tool used with SWISH-E to format HTML
> pages for dynamic content.  Template-Toolkit.
>
> In your archives I found "Installing Swish-e, Apache and mod_perl for
> Windows 2000/XP" <http://swish-e.org/archive/2004-05/7485.html> provided
> by Peter Morling.
>
> I have installed Perl at C:\Perl\
> I have installed SWISH-E at C:\SWISH-E\
>
> I would like to install Template-Toolkit as well.

Your request really has nothing to do with Swish-e. But I'll take a stab anyway.

Sounds like you are using Perl from ActiveState. I hear good things about Strawberry Perl
too, though I don't know if it would help you in this case.

I googled for 'activestate perl install template toolkit'. It took me here:
http://community.activestate.com/forum-topic/no-more-template-toolkit-latest-activeperl

Those instructions are a little different than the ones you linked too; they look specific
to Windows though.