[swish-e] Template-Toolkit and Windows XP

From: Susan Wilson <SusanW(at)not-real.FOG-Catcher.co.nz>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 06:53:38 GMT
Hi,

I want to use SWISH-E to index some webpages held on my pc (Windows XP).
I do not know Linux or Perl.
This request is for help with a tool used with SWISH-E to format HTML
pages for dynamic content.  Template-Toolkit.

In your archives I found "Installing Swish-e, Apache and mod_perl for
Windows 2000/XP" <http://swish-e.org/archive/2004-05/7485.html> provided
by Peter Morling.

I have installed Perl at C:\Perl\
I have installed SWISH-E at C:\SWISH-E\

I would like to install Template-Toolkit as well.
Peter's instructions say: "Obtain it from
http://www.template-toolkit.org/ and use the Perl package manager (ppm)
to install it."
I get to the download page: <
http://www.template-toolkit.org/download/index.html >

As per the Pre-requisites on this page, I have used the Perl Package
Manager to install AppConfig.
Under "Platform-specific binaries -- Microsoft Windows" I followed their
link to "ActivePerl PPM packages" at
< http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.18/html/modules-manual-download.html >
Scroll down to find "Template-Toolkit".

This is where the instructions become a little fuzzy!  What do I do
next? What is a ppd file and how do I use it?

I eventually found that the previous page had some [sort of helpful]
instructions:
<
http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.18/html/modules-manual-instructions.html

and realised [that possibly] I had to open a DOS window by running "cmd"
and then from the root directory of my C: drive, type the following, [I
guess?]:

ppm install http://landfill.bugzilla.org/ppm/Template-Toolkit.ppd

The result was the following error:
ppm install failed:  The PPD does not provide code to install for this
platform

I saved the contents of the Template-Toolkit.ppd file as a file on my C:
drive and tried again:

ppm install Template-Toolkit.ppd

same error message

I tried:
ppm install file:///C:/Template-toolkit.ppd

same error message

even tried it with a file name Template.ppd
still same error message

My PATH statement has C:\Perl\site\bin and C:\Perl\bin  specified right
at the beginning of the statement.

Help!
Can someone tell me why I'm getting this error message?  Have I done
something I shouldn't have? Have I missed doing something?
Is there another way of getting this installed?  I can access the
"tar.gz" file and WinZip shows me there are lots of files in it.

Thanks,
Susan

========================
Contents of Template-Toolkit.ppd:
========================
<SOFTPKG NAME="Template-Toolkit" VERSION="2,13,0,0">

<TITLE>Template-Toolkit</TITLE>

<ABSTRACT>comprehensive template processing system</ABSTRACT>

<AUTHOR>Andy Wardley &lt;abw@wardley.org&gt;</AUTHOR>

<IMPLEMENTATION>

<DEPENDENCY NAME="AppConfig" VERSION="1,55,0,0" />

<OS NAME="MSWin32" />

<ARCHITECTURE NAME="MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8" />

<INSTALL EXEC="PPM_PERL"
HREF="scripts/install_tt2">install_tt2</INSTALL>

<CODEBASE HREF="x86/Template-Toolkit.tar.gz" />

</IMPLEMENTATION>

</SOFTPKG>