Re: [swish-e] Filtered results according to ldap groups

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 13:30:47 GMT
On 04/15/2008 03:29 AM, Cedric Jeanneret wrote:
> Hi!
> Using a bit swish-e for some weeks now, I'd like to apply right
> managment on swish-e results.
> That is:
> I have to index:
> - a fileserv with differents user access rights [groups managed by ldap]
> - many wikis (more than 90 at this time) (also with differents user
> access rights, managed also by ldap)
> - some "public" stuff, which everyone can access.
>
> Is there a way to tell swish-e "for user A display only results from
> THIS directory/wiki", acording to ldap rights?
> Each user has its own group, and they are groupped into "master groups".
> Fileserver is looking for individual rights, and wikis for groups right
> (either individual or master-group)
>
> I was thinking about creating several indexes, then create a function
> which choose indexes to display according to rights a user have. It's a
> bit tricky I think, and when I say "several indexes", it's more than 100..
> there's maybe another way ?

Swish-e has no concept of users, rights or authorization. It's just an index. You'd have
to come up with your own system. You can do that by either (1) selecting which indexes to
search (as you propose above), or (2) selecting which documents to return, either by
filtering at search time using a MetaName (append "AND user=1234" to all queries) or at
display time using a PropertyName (next $result if $result->user !~ m/\b1234\b/).