Re: [swish-e] Compiling SWISH-E from source under Windows

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 19:05:12 GMT
On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 14:43 -0300, Francisco M. Vives wrote:
> Has someone already compiled the SWISH-E source under Windows? If so
> could you please let me know how to do it?

I have never attempted to compile Swish-e using MinGW under Windows.
Best I can tell you without any specifics is that you'll need the msys
Bourne shell to run the build scripts.

What errors are you seeing?  The errors would almost certainly reveal
the problem.  There are many ways it could be failing.  Did you try to
compile an unmodified copy of swish-e?  Which version of Swish-e is
this?

I have written instructions on how to setup the environment for
cross-compiling for Windows.  You'll need to follow many of those same
steps to build it natively under Windows.  Those instructions are here:
  http://swishewiki.org/sw/index.php/Win32#Building

--
 David L Norris
  http://webaugur.com/