Re: [swish-e] Host Mirror

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)not-real.peknet.com>
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 02:29:39 GMT
Don wrote on 3/21/08 7:02 AM:
> Hi,
> I;m new here and to Swish-e.
>
> I have a lmpp set-up, on which I've developed php scripts to index and
> search for swish-e. It works fine and just as I need it.
>
> I now want to put it up on hosting server and friend has set up a
> sub-domian to test it. But I ran into a problem on creating the index file.
>
> I've seen mention here of creating a mirror of the host server site,
> indexing on that and then uploading the index files to the host server.
>
> But I'm not sure how this works. Does it mean creating an absolute path
> hierarchy or a relative path hierarchy?.
>
> Any help would help woud be most appreciated.

If all you want to do is change the base URL for search results, you can use a
ReplaceRules config option to affect the URL that is stored for each document.
If I were doing it, I would strip everything before the DocumentRoot (or
equivalent) so that the URLs in the index were always relative.

E.g., you have 2 sites:

  http://www.mysite.com/
  http://test.mysite.com/blah/

and a set of documents on the test.mysite.com server like:

  /path/to/site/blah/foo/bar.html

that is available at:

  http://test.mysite.com/blah/foo/bar.html

then you strip off:

  /path/to/site

with the ReplaceRules config option.

Then your index can be moved to www.mysite.com and your results should still
work. You might need to play with the results template to set a base URL in the
href tags, but that will depend on your set up.