Re: [swish-e] Host Mirror

From: Peter Karman <peter(at)>
Date: Sat Mar 22 2008 - 02:29:39 GMT
Don wrote on 3/21/08 7:02 AM:
> Hi,
> I;m new here and to Swish-e.
> I have a lmpp set-up, on which I've developed php scripts to index and
> search for swish-e. It works fine and just as I need it.
> I now want to put it up on hosting server and friend has set up a
> sub-domian to test it. But I ran into a problem on creating the index file.
> I've seen mention here of creating a mirror of the host server site,
> indexing on that and then uploading the index files to the host server.
> But I'm not sure how this works. Does it mean creating an absolute path
> hierarchy or a relative path hierarchy?.
> Any help would help woud be most appreciated.

If all you want to do is change the base URL for search results, you can use a
ReplaceRules config option to affect the URL that is stored for each document.
If I were doing it, I would strip everything before the DocumentRoot (or
equivalent) so that the URLs in the index were always relative.

E.g., you have 2 sites:

and a set of documents on the server like:

that is available at:

then you strip off:

with the ReplaceRules config option.

Then your index can be moved to and your results should still
work. You might need to play with the results template to set a base URL in the
href tags, but that will depend on your set up.

Peter Karman  .  .  peter(at)
Users mailing list