Re: [swish-e] truncated result urls

From: Jim Dory <jdory(at)not-real.nomealaska.org>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 20:51:23 GMT
Peter Karman wrote:
> On 02/21/2008 02:08 PM, Jim Dory wrote:
>

>> ReplaceRules remove "\./"
>>

> there's your bad guy, I'll bet.

Actually, looking further, here's why I had that in there. In the search
results it displays the document path like this:
*
*

1 Chapter 5.40 HOUSE MOVING
<http://lomen.cityhall.org/codeonline/_DATA/TITLE05/Chapter_5_40_HOUSE_MOVING.html>
-- rank: *1000*
    (null)
    Last Modified Date: 	*2008-02-18 14:41:01 AKST*
    Document Size: 	*3432*
    Document Path:

/codeonline/./_DATA/TITLE05/Chapter_5_40_HOUSE_MOVING.html

(apologies if this is showing up munged in html) but you can see the
path statement is wrong - has the /./ in it. But now the search result
URL is correct. If I put the ReplaceRules remove "\./" back in it
displays the path correctly but munges up the URL. I can live with the
path statement being wrong though as long as the URL works, which it
does by removing that ReplaceRules statement.

cheers, JD

--
Jim Dory
Engineering