[swish-e] truncated result urls

From: Jim Dory <jdory(at)>
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 20:08:04 GMT
Hi all,

Have a problem I hope you can help with - sorry if often discussed but I
did search the archives a bit - maybe didn't use proper terms.

I have a Centos 4 server on our lan (not a lot of security concerns)
running the BlueQuartz web hosting system to help complicate things.
Using latest stable swish-e-2.4.5-4
uname -a : i386 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL GNU/Linux

My install is nearly complete but when I search on a term via a webpage
search, the resulting URLs are incorrect - jumbled together.

Example of correct URL:

Example of search results (different result than above but you get the

See what it does to the _DATA/TITLE01/ path?

My directory structure is http://localhost/codeonline which is where
swish.conf and index.swish-e reside, as well as the search.htm page.
http://localhost/cgi-bin is where swish.cgi and .swishcgi.conf reside.
http://localhost/codeonline/_DATA is mostly what I'm interested in

Other Info:
I've gotten started on this using a Municipal Code collection on a CD
provided by LexisNexis and they provided some basic webpages using
frames that I've been trying to get working. Here is the search page,
which provides a simple search box but when I hit the search button it
takes me to the full blown swish-e search page (with all the options of

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="./hytoc.css" TYPE="text/css">

<form method="GET" action="../cgi-bin/swish.cgi">
<input type="hidden" name="maxresults" value=200>
<input type="hidden" name="swishindex"
<input type="submit" value="Search"><p>
<input type=radio name=detail value=yes > Verbose report

I don't know if you need it but here is the conf file:

IndexDir "."

IndexFile /home/.sites/106/site3/web/codeonline/index.swish-e

MetaNames first author swishdocpath swishtitle

IndexReport 3

FollowSymLinks yes

IgnoreTotalWordCountWhenRanking yes

ReplaceRules remove "\./"